Last modified: December 10, 2017
This Policy applies to information we collect (i) on the Website and (ii) in email and other electronic messages between you and the Website. It also applies to our practices for information we receive from one of our affiliated websites, including the Go Build Alabama, Go Build California and Go Build Tennessee websites. However, it does not apply to information (i) collected by us offline or through any other means, including information collected on any other website operated by any third party, or (ii) collected by any third party, including information collected through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website. It also does not apply to the collection, use, maintenance, protection or disclosure of your information by our affiliated websites, and their practices are governed by the privacy policies posted on those websites.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use the Website. By accessing or using the Website, you accept and agree to this Policy and thus expressly consent to our collection, use, maintenance, protection and disclosure of your information as described in this Policy. This Policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of the Website after we make changes is deemed to be an acceptance of those changes, so please check the Policy periodically for updates.
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Website, including the following:
We collect this information (i) directly from you when you provide it to us and (ii) from our affiliated Go Build websites, including the Go Build Alabama, Go Build California and Go Build Tennessee websites, if you provide it to one or more of such websites.
The information we collect on or through the Website from you may include the following:
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
We use information that we collect about you, that you provide to us, or that we receive from our affiliated Go Build websites (if you provide information to such websites), including any personal information, for the following:
Subject to applicable law, we may disclose personal information that we collect, that you provide to us, or that we receive from our affiliated Go Build websites (if you provide information to such websites) as follows:
• To our affiliates;
• To our affiliated Go Build websites, including the Go Build Alabama, Go Build California and Go Build Tennessee websites;
• To third parties, such as contractors, service providers, consultants and other agents, which we use to support our business and provide the Website and its content and services;
• To a buyer or other successor of Go Build or any of our affiliates in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Go Build’s or any of our affiliates’ assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceedings, in which personal information held by Go Build about the Website’s users is among the assets transferred;
• To our third-party vendors, partners, and program participants for the purpose of providing information to you about workforce development, career training, and educational and job opportunities. For example, we may share your information with educational institutions, training programs, apprenticeship programs, trade associations, and licensed contractors;
• To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures;
• To fulfill the purpose for which you provided such information;
• For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
• For any purpose with your consent. For example, we may share your information with third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information.
Notwithstanding any other provisions of this Policy, and subject to applicable law, we also reserve the right to access, preserve and disclose any information, including personal information, as we reasonably believe is necessary, in our sole and absolute discretion, for the following:
• To respond to legal requirements, including complying with any court order, law or legal process and responding to any government or regulatory request (including responding to law enforcement or other government officials in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity);
• To detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security, trust and safety or technical issues;
• To respond to user support requests; or
• To protect the rights, property or safety of Go Build, our users, any third parties or the public in general.
Subject to applicable law, we may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any particular individual, without restriction.
As described in the Introduction, this Policy addresses only our collection, use, maintenance, protection and disclosure of information collected by us on or through the Website, that you provide to us on or through the Website, or that we receive from our affiliated Go Build websites if you provide it to one or more of such sites. Specifically, it does not apply to the practices of third parties that we do not own, control, employ or manage, including, but not limited to, any third party applications, services or businesses. If you disclose your information to others, different rules may apply to their use or disclosure of the information you disclose to them. You acknowledge that if you provide information to third parties, that information will be subject to the privacy policies of those third parties, which may differ from this Policy. We are not
responsible for the content or privacy policies of third parties, and we encourage you to ask questions before disclosing your information to others.
As stated above, subject to applicable law, we may disclose personal information to third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of such disclosures. Upon registering on the Website, you are automatically deemed to opt-in to disclosures for marketing and promotional purposes. However, if you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for marketing and promotional purposes, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the registration form. You can also always opt-out by logging into your account and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile.
If you have registered and created a user account on the website, you can review and change your personal information by logging into your account.
The Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age, and no one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not provide any information on the Website or on or through any of its features, register on the Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, email address or any user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. However, the safety and security of your information also depends on you. Information provided through the Website upon your registration on the Website, and through the creation and further use of your account, is protected by a password for your privacy and security, and you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. It is important that you prevent unauthorized access to your account and information by using a unique, secure and protected password and limiting access to your password.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure, and third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of your information or that your personal information or private communications will always remain private. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk, and we are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures implemented on the Website.
We may amend this Policy at any time by posting the amended Policy on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ personal information, we will also notify you by email to the email address specified in your account. The date this Policy was last revised is identified at the top of this Policy. All amended terms automatically take effect after they are initially posted on this page, unless a change in any applicable law requires immediate amendment.
Use of information we collect or that you provide to us is subject to the Policy in effect at the time such information is collected or provided. You are responsible for ensuring that we have an up-to-date, active and deliverable email address for you and for periodically visiting the Website and this Policy to check for any changes.